Implementation of investment ideas is critical.
- Timeliness – Investment ideas have to be acted upon timely for them to be useful.
- Discipline – One should not chase markets and remain disciplined. Indiscipline is punished. If you are not careful with your money, it will depreciate.
- Homework – Do your homework and monitor your investments regularly. Be on the look-out for new opportunities as well as risks on the horizon.
- Style – Stay true to your style. Don’t do what doesn’t resonate with you.
- Cost – One should find the most cost effective way of implementing an idea. Costs can eat into your performance and can add up substantially over time.
- Chose your broker carefully – Access to a broker who can provide easy and cost-effective access to all the markets you wish to invest in. Choosing a broker that is well capitalized is important.
Investment sizing for: